Last weekend my church put on a Christmas play that we do every other year called "Why the Star?" Each time it rolls around the oldest girl in our youth group gets to be Mary. I had the privilege; it defiantly was a privilege, to be Mary this year. Oh boy was I scared, nervous, excited and ready to touch the lives of all those to came and so much more. I got to thinking and that's probably exactly how Mary felt. Scared because she didn't quite understand how all of this could be. Nervous because she actually is having a child and she had really no say in having this baby boy. She didn't do anything to become pregnant other than be a pure and faithful servant of God. Aren't we all supposed to be, though? Then I also think that she was excited because God has chose HER to bring his one and only son, and she knows he'll do great things.
As that weekend processed along I be came less nervous and ready for the next show. Which also makes me think Mary came to realization that I'm just going to have to roll with it and make the best of it. Sure, no ones perfect. I know for sure I'm not, and neither is any journey but with Gods help he'll lead you where you need to be. The census came out and threw a hiccup in Mary and Joseph’s plans, but with Gods help they made it just fine. Maybe in a stable is where they were supposed to be originally. God has a purpose to everything he throws at us in life. I can't tell you enough how pretty that stable scene was. With the Angles singing, the lights upon the Christ child. I sat right next to the manger just in aw of the whole thing. Oh just the wonders of Gods his love amaze me. After, every night I'd take my baby Jesus inside (since it was a live naivety outside) which was a baby doll I've had ever since I was really little and I didn't want it to get cold. See the mother in me already. ;) Anyway, I'd carry it around at the last shows as I greeted with all the folks there. Invariably, every night a little one would come up to me and want to see baby Jesus. Which was really neat. Just a regular old baby doll could bring so much to one little person. The one that took me by surprise, and I'm so glad it did, was some little boy that walked up to me and said, "Mary, can I please see you're baby Jesus?" I replied, "Of course you may." I squatted down to his level. He proceeds to just gaze upon the baby doll. I told him, "You know he's going to change the world one miracle at a time." The little boy say, "How do you know that Miss. Mary? He's only a baby." By the time he asks that the man who played Joseph walks near and just smiles and talks to the little boys parents and said the usual thank you for coming and all that good stuff. I turned my attention back to this little boy and replied, "Well the bible teaches us about it." The little boy replied, "Wow, but he's just small like me." I said, "Yes, small people like you and him change people’s lives. Did you know that?" He said, "I do now. Thank you Miss. Mary for teaching me and letting me see your baby." I smiled and said, "Oh no little buddy, you're worth it. :) Just remember you too change people’s lives."
The faith of children can be so touching to those around. This little boy made my night, and touch my life that's for sure. It's amazing how one little person and one little conversation can your whole out look on life. Little people see things in a different light then "older" folks. Later, after most of our guests were leaving and I was walking to the car to go home. A man, one of our guest, stopped me and said, "Girl, what part of that conversation I over-heard with you and that little boy touched me too. It's amazing how you live life through your faith. Thank you for just being you." I smiled and thanked the man back and continued about my way to the car.
I pondered those words that the man had said as I went home and changed out of the many layers of clothes and costume I had on. How could a person who I've never seen before thank me for being me? He doesn’t know me. A thought that came to my mind though was doesn't God command us to share our faith with others? Then why should I be thanked for doing something we all should be doing? Shouldn't we be thanking God instead for sending his son so we should spread his good news because with out him nothing would be? Shouldn't we ALL live our lives through our faith?
Our God is an amazing God. He can open doors he wants to open and close doors he wants to close. I am thankful that he presented me with that opened that door bring peace, joy, love and hope to that little boy and me. Isn't that what advent is all about?
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Little People!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
very nice first post :) i LOVED it! can't wait to hear more from you Anna!
ReplyDelete