Friday, June 3, 2011

Attitudes

            Attitudes go a long ways.
            Have you ever had one of those days where you can’t seem to do anything at all right? Everyone’s yelling at you? You get behind the slowest person on your way to somewhere? Everything is falling apart? Sounds about right.
            Today I got behind some lady on my way home from school going 40 in a 55. I prayed she wouldn’t take the next turn so I wouldn’t have to follow her all my way home. But then she signals and turned on to the next street where I need to turn to and goes 30 in a 45. Most days I’d be happy that I had an extra few minutes singing to the radio with the windows down. Today not so much. I was angry that I got behind the slowest possible person ever.
            It hadn’t already been the best day at school. I had gotten yelled at by several people for doing what I was asked. I suppose it just wasn’t in the way they pictured it to be. Then no one in my team showed up where we were suppose to plan something for next week. You get the idea.
            Isn’t weird how everything happens all at once it seems? I blame our attitudes for that. If you already have a bad one then nothing else is going to seem good. If you go in with a good attitude then everything seems just peachy most of the time that is.
            In the hallway at school there are these signs that lead down to the locker rooms for Gym. The one sign I can’t help but notice every time I am down that way is one that reads, “Attitudes are contagious is yours worth catching?”
            The first time I saw that sign I ponder it for a long while, and the more I thought about it the more I agreed with it. If one person is in a bad mood and says something off color or yells at you then you turn to that bad mood too.
            Here lately I haven’t really been the most positive person with all the stress of school ending, SOL testing, and the list goes on. That however doesn’t excuse me from my actions. I should get to act rude or what have you just because I’m stressed. That’s not your fault so I shouldn’t be taking it out on others.
            I have gotten away from finding the positive in everything I do. It’s time to start that again. With 9 more school days, 4 Finals and summer right around the corner I think I can do it. Will you join with me in FINDING the positives in everything you do?
            Just remember this little quote in the back of your mind... “Attitudes are contagious is yours worth catching?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment