Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Passenger Seat

     Isn't kind of strange how we as humans "call" things? For example, "I call the passenger seat." Or "I call the computer." There's a point here I promise. :) Shouldn't we be the ones "calling" the passenger seat on our life and letting God be the driver? Here as of late I have found myself driving and if that's not bad enough I found that I put God in the back seat with school, homework, and all my other activates in the passenger seat.
        The mind set I've been having lately isn't good. I've been thinking I have to get this work done. I'll read my bible and blog later. Some how I always find away to get on facebook and text with my friends, but not read the bible or blog about how great our God is. I should have the mind set were I put God FIRST and worry about facebook LAST. Do you put God first EVERYDAY?
        I was taking this quiz thingy for a class today online and one of the questions was when the last time you were TRULY happy? Where that should have been on of the easier questions on there it wasn't. I had to sit back and think about it. Sure, I've been happy but the last time I was TRULY happy was probably this past summer. I was on top of the world with God as my best friend nothing could have stopped me. SO what's changed? My attitude. That's what. Life has been reflecting that. How can one be truly happy with out the person who molded you and shaped you and knows exactly what's in store for your life? I have pondered this question for a while now. 
        I heard this from a meeting I was sitting in the other day. Do you wake up in the morning wishing to go back to sleep because of all the things you have to get done, OR do you wake up and say what's up today God? What ever it is help me to be apart of it. That just has stuck with me. What's up today God? What ever it is help me to be apart of it.
         With out God it seems as those life just crumbles before you. There are so many examples of this in my life at the moment. I've had this feeling lately that I just want to break down and let it all out. I am truly unhappy with a lot of things in life right now. With me driving and running my life isn't working out so well. It's time for me to pull over and let God back in the drivers seat and see what great things are in store for me instead of trying to do it my way and watching myself crash and burn. If God's on your side who can be against you? Is God in the driver’s seat of your life? If not, what's keeping him from being?
     "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. Love it! :) Great to read, I'm glad you blogged again!

    ReplyDelete