Have you ever wished you could go back and restart things in life? Well here lately I have been thinking that exact thing. Today was a prime example for me. The bible teaches that we shouldn’t judge people.
Today, I was with a group of people who were judging on this topic we were talking about. We heard a story about someone not doing something based on their religious views. The question was did we think that was right of that person to back out because of that?
We have the right to our opinion, yes, but on the other hand I think we shouldn’t be able to answer that. Here’s why that said person has the right to follow their beliefs and I applaud them of standing up for that. We should be able to judge them for that backing out or be calling them names. Really when it’s all said and done we will be the ones getting judged for being the judger (is that even a word? I hope so if not oh well, sorry). In the in all that matters is between you and the big G.
Then why do we judge? To seem cool in the setting we are in perhaps. When you judge word travels fast. What you said either joking or not most of the time doesn’t just stay in your little group it gets around, and then eventually it will get back to the person you were judging. When the person hears what you have said and then nothing bad comes out of that.
Back to what I was saying earlier about restarting something’s… With all the stress of feeling like you have to pretend to be someone you are not so you won’t be judged or just want to fit in isn’t something anyone should have to go through. Recently a few people that I know of have been rudely judging others. Then in return it works people up and stresses them out. Is it really worth all that? No! People wish they could go back and start again so that they wouldn't have been judged and get rid of the unnecessary stress. The judgers will get their punishment one day for being so rude to others. Many people don’t even know the whole story behind things when they begin to judge. I’m not going to lie, I’ve done it.
Rachel’s Challenge came to my high school early in this school year if you don’t know what that is you should Google it. It’s a great message. Anyway, Rachel died from being judged for just believing in Jesus. I admire Rachel for standing up for her beliefs. It takes a strong person to do that.
In all what I am trying to say is why judge because all it does is hurt you and the person or group of people you are judging. If you believe in something stand up for it. You will feel good as a person wither you get rude comments about it. If it’s what you truly believe in then go for it. We are humans we make mistakes but that doesn’t mean we should be judged with our actions good or bad.
“Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6:31
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1-2
I hope this makes some sense because I'm not sure how I feel about this... It's just been heavy on my heart here lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment