This morning at FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) I saw something done I had never seen before that struck me. Putting God first!
When we get up in the morning we tend to hit the ground running, correct?
I know I do. From the finding of the outfit of the day, brushing my hair and teeth, putting my contacts in and the list goes on and on. I am thinking I have to get this done in 30 minutes or I’m going to get stuck behind the bus and be late for school. I hit this ground running. All this I have to, I need to mess runs through my head.
The demonstration I saw today was with a jar, a quart zip lock baggy of pecans and cup of rice. Some of you are probably clueing in if you have seen this before. Well the jar represents life. The rice represents what we have to get done, and the pecans represent God in our lives.
When we hit the ground running we will the jar a fourth of the way up with the entire amount of rice. Then next you fill the cup with the things God wants us to do. For example, pray, read our bibles, not engage in illegal things, you know the list continues here too. Will with the cup of rice all of the pecans won’t fit in my jar. You have about a handful of pecans left.
Therefore, we begin again this time a little different. We begin with the things God wants us to do. We fill the jar with all the pecans. Those pretty much fill the whole jar themselves, but the rice still has to go in. What do you think will happen? Over flow? Well, the rice fills in the cracks between the pecans… With God first he can make room for all the “me” things in life.
Its crazy how just that one analogy can bring about a whole new perspective. I am a visual person so it was right up my ally. Ever since about 8:15 this morning I have thought about what in my life do I put God first in. I came up with about two or three things. That’s not a lot after I started thinking about the endless things I do and just shove God to the side. I think oh, he’ll still be there in a little while I have to get this done now.
After this morning I will be improving my God first actions. God will make room for the “me” things if you just let him. He’s just super amazing like that. With God first everything else seem to fall into place. The question is... Is God first in your life?
No comments:
Post a Comment