Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Farmers

            Let me start out my saying how amazing God is. He puts these certain people in your life that help you grow as a person and who pick you up when you’re down. Here lately I am convinced that one of my friends and I are living parallel lives. It’s crazy, but in a good way. Here these past few weeks I haven’t really been myself with issues uprising in my life. I know I always have this said friend to turn to because we are going through the similar things or have been through the similar things. It’s amazing how eleven months ago he knows who should be in your life today to help you through. God works in some amazing ways.
            “When I am weak thou art strong.” I am finding that more and more. Even through all this stress called life at the moment. God works in ways so unseen at times it blows me away. He puts you in places where he wants you to stay planted and grow. He’s not finished with you yet.
 I once heard this story about two farmers who really needed rain and prayed for rain, but only ONE went out and prepared his fields for that rain. Which one do you think trusted God to send that rain?
            With these struggles in life I have remembered that story and have been thinking about it a lot. I pray to help strength me and show me what path to take to resolve this problem, but haven’t prepared my heart to receive the strength and guidance.
            We as humans think we can do everything on our own but we need help. We just have to accept that fact. We have to accept that fact AND prepare our hearts and minds to receive that help.
            Sorry, I think this is all over the place but my brain is running a zillion different directions at the moment and I wanted to share all my thoughts, so it doesn’t really flow.
            I leave you with this… Out of those two framers which one are you? The one who prays and waits or the one who prays, prepares, and waits?

No comments:

Post a Comment