This past weekend I went on a youth retreat and I learned so many things that I will share one with you now! :)
I want you to get out a pen and paper draw 9 dots, 3 rows of 3.
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
Now connect those dots with OUT picking up your pen, retracing a line, and here’s the catch you can ONLY use FOUR STRAIGHT lines. All 9 dots must be connected in some way shape or form. Ready? Go!
You are sitting there puzzled, right? That’s if you are really doing it because you love me. :) I know I was sitting there thinking there’s no way with just four lines. That math brain of mine went to work logically trying to figure it out. Nope, no possible solution I thought.
I was wrong. I wasn't thinking outside the box literally and figuratively. I saw for walls that I could not go out of those boundaries. You probably saw the same. That was the speakers point. She never said I couldn’t go out side the box. Want to see the answer? Well, here you go. :)
(The dotted blue is the box I saw and the brown is the answer. Sorry the corners got cut. They just come to a point.)
Guess what? Tear down those walls. With God all things our possible. Nothing can restrict us if we have him. Our age, gender, or race can’t stop us. Ever heard you are too young to do that? Or you can’t do that because you are a girl or a boy? Yeah, show them whose boss and kick those boundaries to the curve.
We have to work outside the box to make the best of the best things happen. We have to work outside the box to make our relationship with God grow. Go out of our way to make things happen. We can no longer think inside the lines if we want to get some where in life.
Tear down those boundaries to make things happen. God will be helping you along the way if you let him.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

No comments:
Post a Comment