“He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.” Matthew 28:6
Happy Easter! He has risen indeed. You have been set free from your sins. Praise God!
This morning at the sunrise service we sang “He Lives”. This part has stuck with me… "I serve a risen Savior, he's in the world today; I hear his voice of cheer, and just the time I need him, he's always near. He lives, he lives”
That’s just it HE LIVES and he’s always near when we need him. He died for you and I and we can’t be thankful enough that our sins are washed away. God is good, all the time.
How much does Jesus love us? He stretched out his arms on the cross and said this much he hung and died for ordinary people like you and like I. I find myself thinking about that a lot here lately. How could he die for someone as crazy as me? Why would he do that? Because he loves us that’s why, even though we are so undeserved of his love. I look down everyday at the ring I got on a Workcamp this past summer. I have never taken it off my toe (it’s too little to fit my finger). The ring just simply says undeserved for that was the theme of the Workcamp. I am reminded EVERYDAY how much I am so undeserved, but I am saved because of his undeserved love.
I leave you on this note… Today in Sunday school we were put to the task of creating an Easter rap, if you could had seen us, oh goodness. In the end though it turned out pretty descent I thought. It isn’t complete I just thought it was neat and thought I’d share it. J
Jesus and his bros were chillin’ in the room,
Thinking how he could overcome the tomb.
Along cam Judas he gave a kiss,
Then he delivered the ultimate dis.
To jail he went events came to pass,
He went to trial in front of Caiaphas.
He wore a crown sticky to the touch,
They called him King but they didn’t think such.
He carried a cross from a gnarly old tree,
Where he hung to die for you and me.
They put him in a tomb wrapped in white,
When they found it empty it gave them a fright.
Three days later fresh as can be,
He told his bros to go to Galilee .
Now death is a sucka sin has no claim,
You can read about it in your worn King James.
No comments:
Post a Comment